I cut my hair off this week, harvesting at least 10 inches to donate to Locks of Love. I had a number of reasons for getting a new 'do, but primarily it was because I am in the throes of postpartum shedding and losing handfuls of long hair each time I showered was driving me nuts. It was getting tangled up in my fingers and dominating the bathing experience, which frankly is one of the few quiet, private, rosy times in a new mother's life, and I was missing out!
So my dear friend Sierra was visiting last weekend from Seattle and kindly did this photo shoot of me and Soren, for the record.
And here's the chin-length bob, still long enough to just fit in a ponytail. Soren still seems to recognize me.
Our friend Ingrid is visiting this weekend from Anacortes and we had all planned to go to a contra dance this evening, but Soren had a pretty fussy evening and I wasn't about to disturb him once he finally fell asleep around 7 p.m. Ingrid went to the dance herself at 9 p.m., which is just as well because Jeff and I are both lacking social capital right now. We're quite content to chill at home and go to bed early ourselves.And we have more visitors coming to us soon: midweek, aunties Jill and Nora are supposed to arrive and stay with us through Christmas! Hoping all of you have happy holiday plans. We'll be enjoying them in Port Townsend.

1 comment:
hot mama!
Post a Comment