Monday, December 15, 2008

Catching up on Christmas festivities

Sorry about the time lag, but it seems difficult for me to download my photos in a timely fashion. I TAKE them, and think about sharing them with you, but then life gets busy. All you parents out there understand.

Anyway, two weekends ago, we took Soren downtown for the treelighting ceremony. He was fascinated by the streetlights, or the crenellated facades of the historic buildings, or something up there.

Our friend Sierra was with us. Note that I am wearing Soren in a new carrier -- a Maya Wrap sling. As he gets bigger and better able to hold his head up, it is handy for plopping him in and out of. Less work to put on than the Moby Wrap and less bulky than the Baby Bjorn. (Also note that I am wearing my new glasses. When I had my biannual eye exam in October, it turned out my left eye was a little nearsighted, which explained some of the struggles I've been having with my night vision especially. I thought it was due to a fluid imbalance during pregnancy, but it persisted for two months after giving birth. Well, It's been nearly 10 years since I had laser eye surgery, and overall I've been very happy with the results, so I'm not that bummed about wearing glasses every once in a while. Mostly when I drive, and especially at night. They really help.)

Afterwards we enjoyed a late night out at a local pizza joint, where two friends of ours were playing old-time music. Soren got danced around (shown here with Sierra) and was enthralled watching the musicians. He especially liked the dobro.

No comments: