Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sleep! While the grass is growing...

How could I have forgotten Good Reason #7 in my previous post?

7. Sleep. Still not getting enough of it.

When Soren hit the 19-month mark one month ago, he started sleeping all night long (with no wake-ups that require parental assistance between his bedtime and a reasonable morning hour, such as 6 a.m.) -- now, before you start cheering, read on -- about every third night. We're not there yet! Two nights ago he was inexplicably wide awake for 2-1/2 hours in the dead middle of the night, 1:30-4 a.m. Jeff and I took shifts.

Anyway, I've vowed to get to bed earlier whenever possible, and that means starting my bedtime routine shortly after I've led Soren through his. And that's been getting later and later (with the Daylight Savings Time shift and now the daylight lingering longer), until now he doesn't fall asleep until between 8 and 9 p.m. Farewell to evenings to myself and taking time for blogging. But then, like tonight, I'll give myself permission to "stay up." The house is silent, just me and my humming computer and a cup of chamomile tea. Aaaah. (Yawn.)

I'll sign off with an update on the new crop of backyard grass. To the photo of bare dirt in the last post that was taken March 21, I add these shot today, April 29. The grass seed was sown just about a month ago.
Jeff and Soren used our push-mower to give the tallest blades a quick mow this evening. It's looking great!

P.S. Blogger tells me this is post #101 since I started this blog less than two years ago. Incredibly, that averages out to about one post a week, so I guess I'm meeting my weekly blogging goal after all!

No comments: