Monday, August 31, 2009

Soren's first wedding

Soren's a party animal! This we know after he accompanied us to his first wedding yesterday. The above picture of him nursing during the ceremony is misleading (I was trying to keep him quiet during the vows!)--for four hours straight, he wanted to be right at the center of it all.
He seemed to "get" the ceremonial aspects of the wedding, following the lead of the people around him. Here he is clapping as the bride and groom exit the outdoor chapel.
Soren would not be deterred from going where he wanted to go. He is a stubborn little chap when held back from his intended course--even when that's "backstage" where the wedding party was waiting in the wings. To avoid the screams that would result in denial of his free passage, I just followed him back there and we grinned at the bride, Lorenna (in beautiful red Chinese shift), as her sister Wendy prepares to walk out.
Many congratulations to our friends, Lorenna and Michael, who tied the knot yesterday in a lovely ceremony at Hillcrest Park in Mount Vernon, Wash. There was lots of upbeat music for dancing. I'm sorry I don't have a shot (but the professional photographer surely does) of Soren dancing his little heart out during the reception. Again, he was the center of attention as he found a clear space on the floor and rocked out to Elvis. He lifts his feet in turn, jiggles his butt, turns in circles, and best of all, shakes his head back and forth like he's saying "no," but it makes him look blissed out!
OK, finishing up with some posed shots of the Anacortes High School graduates at the event. Above, this was not the most flattering shot of the two babies, but I do believe it's the first picture of Soren with his finger in his nose, and that was worth sharing!

In the bottom photo, we have Dan, Sunny, Lorenna, Michael (yes, the bride and groom went to high school together, although they didn't reconnect until a dozen years later), Shane and Deena. And of course, Shelly and Soren. Sorry, no pictures of Jeff this time. Thanks, sweetie, for being behind the camera!

1 comment:

jill said...

Wow, I don't recognize all of these Anacortes High grads! I'm glad you made it to the wedding...looks like fun! You should try to get a video of Soren dancing up on the blog!