Soren's first tooth broke through on Sunday morning, two days after he turned six months old. After two months of heavy drooling, the lower right front tooth popped out anticlimactically. He slept even better than usual the night before! But ever since he has been gnawing frantically on whatever's at hand, and he has also figured out how to squeak his rubber spoon against the new bit of enamel. No, he hasn't bitten me yet while nursing, but I'll let him know that's NOT OK when he does.
These photos were actually taken on Feb. 17, when we tried feeding Soren solid food for the first time. It was pureed steamed carrot, and it didn't really count as his "first solid food," because I don't think any of it made it down his throat! He did enjoy playing with the spoon, however.This is his newly acquired highchair, a "hand-me-round" from Zia and the Peters girls before that. It has wheels on all four legs and Soren likes to sit in it and be wheeled around the main floor while he plays with toys on the tray. Recently he has been fascinated with dumping objects out of a container and putting them back in, only to repeat the procedure again and again.
This week, on March 4, Soren did eat his first "meal" -- about a teaspoon of mashed ripe banana. He licked small portions off my finger and smiled and wanted more. We kept it up until he got bored and started gumming the highchair tray. Maybe the new tooth helped.
And then I just had to share these photos (from Feb. 9) of Soren in his new bathtub. He graduated from the infant tub, which kept him in a reclining position, to the inflatable duck, which allows him to sit up.
Sore enjoys bathtime so much it has become a part of our nightly routine. We parents enjoy it for the chance to admire our baby's bare bum! Doesn't he look like Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes) from the back?!
Click here to view a C&H cartoon and see what I mean!

1 comment:
Yeah, Soren does look like Calvin, except he's even cuter! I wish I had a duck bathtub I could sit in as part of my bedtime routine...
Post a Comment