Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Guest post from Auntie Nora

As a guest in the Randall household for the past 5 days, I thought it would be nice to get an outsider’s perspective on Soren (although both Mom and Dad lend their wonderful writing skills on this blog.) Unlike them, though, I’ll try to be brief!

I’m Auntie Nora in the picture below who looks like she doesn’t know how to hold a baby, but he likes that position, I promise! Soren is my first nephew and I wasn’t sure what to expect, although I’d fallen in love with his pics before I had a chance to come all the way from Colorado to officially meet the little guy.

He’s adorable – I know that I may be completely biased, so that said - I have to brag a little by saying that he’s boyishly handsome, agile (well, he’s working on that!), smart (it’s already evident!), entertaining (time flies when you just sit and stare at his infinite facial expressions), and completely charming (when he’s not squalling in your ear!). I like to call him my little “hot water bottle” as his tiny toasty body feels so cozy when he’s curled up in your arms. I can already feel my biceps from carrying him around; I’ve enjoyed our special time together on our early-morning walks around PT (Soren bundled in the amazing Moby Wrap); I have changed innumerable diapers (and washed even more dishes!); and learned the calming position of holding him against my chest with his frog legs tucked up and his little head nestled under my neck. That, in particular, I will miss…


There’s no denying that Soren is one special kid and I’m glad that we’ve had some bonding time in his first weeks of life. If you have the chance to meet him, I would jump at it (just make sure you can dance to Irish music while bouncing him up and down ‘cause he likes that!). Plus, Mom and Dad sure enjoy the extra hand so they can do things like sit through an entire meal, make a few phone calls, and maybe even take a shower (you know, the little things in life).

OK, it’s almost 9pm – bedtime – as the quiet of evening settles in and Soren snoozes peacefully as he drifts off to sleep…

No comments: