Sunday, August 24, 2008

Showers of good wishes

I've been blessed with not one, but three baby showers in the past couple of months.

The first was in Jeff's hometown of Coulee City, Wash., where his mom and friend Carmen hosted a fabulous brunch with 24 attendees, half of them over 80! At my request, each of them shared a bit of mothering wisdom with me--this activity turned out to be the hit of the party. View an album of 21 photos on PhotoWorks here (no need to sign in).

Then my PT friends threw a "celebration of motherhood" for me in Theresa's backyard and brought beads for my birthing necklace. As attendees presented the beads, we tape-recorded their comments on the strengths I would bring to motherhood--it was very touching. Both my mother and mother-in-law were able to attend. View the album of 21 photos here.

My sisters Jill & Nora threw the final party, hosted at friend Sierra's condo. Friends from high school and college convened in Seattle for a very memorable gathering. More beads were gifted, and attendees at the final two showers also decorated cloth squares for a baby quilt my mom and I will be stitching together. View the album of 20 photos here.

I will take as much support in this transition to motherhood as I can get!

No comments: